The D
The K
The N
The I
The T
The T
The Y
That spells D KNITTY
Site feed: http://dknitty.blogspot.com/atom.xml
 
Archives
<< current



 
Works in progress
Duo long sleeve kid's sweater, Spring 03 Knitty, Frosty blue Lion Brand Cotton-Ease - 60% done
V-Neck sweater, Yarn Girls (Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in Pewter) - 90% done (need to rip out upper sleeve and reknit)
Spring green sweater tank (Katia Idea Jean, size 9 circular) - 80% done

Need to start
Something for my Secret Santee (due by Friday- eek!) Hat for Harry

Finished projects
Fall 2003
Green basket weave hat for me (Lion Brand Kool Wool in Grass, 3.25 sts=1", size 8 bamboo needle, cast on 64 sts)
Meghan's 12th Birthday hat(Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Rose Heather, double strand, 4 st=1", size 3 bamboo needle, cast on 70 sts)
Rachel's 12th Birthday hat (Wool-Ease Chunky in Walnut, 3 sts=1", cast on 54 sts)
Jayla's blue hat - 8 months, head=18" (pre-felted yarn, blue-white varigated, 4.5 sts=1", size 3 needle, cast on 64 sts)
Kerin's Hannukah 2003 Hhat (Manos purple varigated, 3.5 sts=1", size 8 bamboo needle, cast on 66.5 stitches)
Baby hat w/ leftover Manos, head=13" (3.5 sts=1", size 8 bamboo needle, cast on 38 sts)
Baby hat w/ leftover felted yarn (4.5 sts=1", size 3 needle, cast on 50 sts)
Josh's Third Times' a Charm Hat (Noro silk/wool, double strand I think, 2.5-3 sts=1", cast on 46 sts)
Justin's Hannukah 03 Hat (Lamb's Pride Bulky in charcoal, 3-4 sts=1", cast on 57-76 sts, I forgot)
Julie's Christmas 03 Hat using FCEK Seed Stitch Cap (Cleckheaton Gusto 10 in black, cast on 44 st)
Sophie's blue striped hat (Debbie Bliss Cashmerino aran, held double, 3 sts=1", cast on 56 sts, 39 rows)
Matching American Girl Doll Hat, head=13" (Debbie Bliss Cashmerino aran, held double, 3 sts=1", cast on 32 sts, 22 rows)
Eric's Hannukah 03 Hat (Rowan Plaid in Storm, 3 sts=1", 4 rows, size 3 bamboo needle, cast on 60 sts)
Lisa's Hannukah 03 Ski Hat (Reynolds Lopi in baby blue, 4 sts=1", cats on 80 sts)
Lisa J.'s baby hat (Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Prosperous Plum, 3.5 sts=1", size 3 needle)
4 American Girl doll scarves for 4 cousins
Spring 2003
White/baby blue/yellow/green cotton hat for Jayla
Pink/green hat for Jayla
Pink/green striped washcloth/burp cloth for Jayla
Baby blue and white Polarfleece hat for Rachel
"Skully" hat for Sandy
Hat for Lily (Plymouth Indecita Alpaca, size 8 bamboo circular needles, held double strand, cast on 60 sts)
Hat for Zach
Cel phone case
Birthday skully for Kerin
Pink merino hat for Skylar (Debbie Bliss merino dk, size 3 & 6 circular)
Hat for Tracy's baby
(lavendar merino Zara, held double strand, size 10 circular) Purple soft hat for me
(GGH Aspen 50/50 Merino Wool/Acrylic, size 11 Addi Turbo, cast on 62 sts, 2.85 sts=1")
Green and blue tweed hat for Dad (Donegal Tweed, size 11 Addi Turbo, cast on 48 sts, 2.82 sts=1")
Yellow cotton washcloth
Red puffy hat for me (Puffy merino wool, size 15 cast on wood dps, cast on 39 sts, 2 sts=1")
2 American Girl Doll scarves (Red Heart variegated)
Green merino scarf (Rowan big wool 100% merino wool, size 19 Addi Turbo circular & 19 straights)
































D Knitty
Danielle's Knitting Blog
 
Saturday, February 15, 2003  
I knit a hat for Tracy's baby/baby shower today in record time. I started around 10 am and finished by 2 pm but did other stuff in between (showered, ate, etc.). It was a little stressful because of the time issue and because I was worried I would run out of yarn. Also, I was having trouble decreasing. I'm so glad Beth lent me those size 5 dps otherwise I couldn't have finished. Next to finish Nanaaba's hat and start Josh's Noro Kabuto hat. http://www.theyarnco.com/brand_display/122 I am also working on something for Kerin's birthday but I won't go into detail in case she reads my blog. I also have to decide what to make for Kerin's baby- hat or something else. Since I only know how to make hats and scarves and babies don't wear scarves, I guess I'm making a hat! I could also make a washcloth, but it's not as cool as a hat. I've already made her a blanket (sewn) but as her default "aunt," I feel the need to shower this child with handmade gifts. Side bar: My next door neighbor just came home and I can hear her cooing to her cat. Now I can hear the cat meow. I have heard this for the last few nights. I've never seen this woman but I've heard her greet her cat. I just got home myself from Tracy's baby shower. It started later than it was supposed to and then I went back with Nanaaba to her cousin's house and hung out for a few hours. I liked hanging out with them but it was getting late and I was nervous about driving back and also felt bad because Josh was expecting me. The drive back went pretty smoothly and I even managed to park the car myself. Last night, after work, I went to the Yarn Co. to get yarn for Tracy's baby's hat and for Josh's hat. It was so packed. I told Nicky I wanted to get on her waiting list for help and she told me it would be at least 10 minutes. She helped me pick out the baby yarn (Zara merino wool in lavender) and wrote two patterns for me. There was this really annoying woman there who kept bugging everyone for help with a sweater collar. Maybe there was a mistake in the pattern or maybe she was just dense, but she couldn't get a satisfactory solution from anyone, not Nicky, Laura, this woman I'd never seen before, nor the co-owner Julie. At one point, she said to Laura, "If I can't do this at home, I'm coming back!" Laura said back, "Is that a threat?" When she recounted this story, Laura said, "I can't believe I said that!" I brought Laura an Avon brochure because I remembered that she told me last week that her father had been a District Sales Manager. She was excited to see the catalog. Maybe I'll make a sale! Then I could be like "I'll trade my employee discount for yours!" like I did with Paula and Tupperware. Actually, I'm only too glad to spend my money at the Yarn Co. I would rather give them my business than the bitchy women at the Yarn Garden in Plainview. That store is terrible! The stock is fine but forget about getting assistance. Esther told me it was the closest yarn shop to David and Sharon's, but only later did she tell me that they're jerks. I had to ask them several times where the hat patterns were and then trying to get help figuring out which yarn and needles to get. And then when I picked out some nice Debbie Bliss Cashmerino fingerling, the one woman said, "Are you crazy? It'll take you forever!" I ended up using sport-weight but not because of what she said. Does she say that to everyone who wants to buy fingerling? What a jerk. OK, I really need to write this letter for Stacey. I haven't had time all week and now I must do it.
2/15/2003 11:28:00 PM



 
This page is powered by Blogger.