The D
The K
The N
The I
The T
The T
The Y
That spells D KNITTY
Site feed: http://dknitty.blogspot.com/atom.xml
 
Archives
<< current



 
Works in progress
Duo long sleeve kid's sweater, Spring 03 Knitty, Frosty blue Lion Brand Cotton-Ease - 60% done
V-Neck sweater, Yarn Girls (Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in Pewter) - 90% done (need to rip out upper sleeve and reknit)
Spring green sweater tank (Katia Idea Jean, size 9 circular) - 80% done

Need to start
Something for my Secret Santee (due by Friday- eek!) Hat for Harry

Finished projects
Fall 2003
Green basket weave hat for me (Lion Brand Kool Wool in Grass, 3.25 sts=1", size 8 bamboo needle, cast on 64 sts)
Meghan's 12th Birthday hat(Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Rose Heather, double strand, 4 st=1", size 3 bamboo needle, cast on 70 sts)
Rachel's 12th Birthday hat (Wool-Ease Chunky in Walnut, 3 sts=1", cast on 54 sts)
Jayla's blue hat - 8 months, head=18" (pre-felted yarn, blue-white varigated, 4.5 sts=1", size 3 needle, cast on 64 sts)
Kerin's Hannukah 2003 Hhat (Manos purple varigated, 3.5 sts=1", size 8 bamboo needle, cast on 66.5 stitches)
Baby hat w/ leftover Manos, head=13" (3.5 sts=1", size 8 bamboo needle, cast on 38 sts)
Baby hat w/ leftover felted yarn (4.5 sts=1", size 3 needle, cast on 50 sts)
Josh's Third Times' a Charm Hat (Noro silk/wool, double strand I think, 2.5-3 sts=1", cast on 46 sts)
Justin's Hannukah 03 Hat (Lamb's Pride Bulky in charcoal, 3-4 sts=1", cast on 57-76 sts, I forgot)
Julie's Christmas 03 Hat using FCEK Seed Stitch Cap (Cleckheaton Gusto 10 in black, cast on 44 st)
Sophie's blue striped hat (Debbie Bliss Cashmerino aran, held double, 3 sts=1", cast on 56 sts, 39 rows)
Matching American Girl Doll Hat, head=13" (Debbie Bliss Cashmerino aran, held double, 3 sts=1", cast on 32 sts, 22 rows)
Eric's Hannukah 03 Hat (Rowan Plaid in Storm, 3 sts=1", 4 rows, size 3 bamboo needle, cast on 60 sts)
Lisa's Hannukah 03 Ski Hat (Reynolds Lopi in baby blue, 4 sts=1", cats on 80 sts)
Lisa J.'s baby hat (Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Prosperous Plum, 3.5 sts=1", size 3 needle)
4 American Girl doll scarves for 4 cousins
Spring 2003
White/baby blue/yellow/green cotton hat for Jayla
Pink/green hat for Jayla
Pink/green striped washcloth/burp cloth for Jayla
Baby blue and white Polarfleece hat for Rachel
"Skully" hat for Sandy
Hat for Lily (Plymouth Indecita Alpaca, size 8 bamboo circular needles, held double strand, cast on 60 sts)
Hat for Zach
Cel phone case
Birthday skully for Kerin
Pink merino hat for Skylar (Debbie Bliss merino dk, size 3 & 6 circular)
Hat for Tracy's baby
(lavendar merino Zara, held double strand, size 10 circular) Purple soft hat for me
(GGH Aspen 50/50 Merino Wool/Acrylic, size 11 Addi Turbo, cast on 62 sts, 2.85 sts=1")
Green and blue tweed hat for Dad (Donegal Tweed, size 11 Addi Turbo, cast on 48 sts, 2.82 sts=1")
Yellow cotton washcloth
Red puffy hat for me (Puffy merino wool, size 15 cast on wood dps, cast on 39 sts, 2 sts=1")
2 American Girl Doll scarves (Red Heart variegated)
Green merino scarf (Rowan big wool 100% merino wool, size 19 Addi Turbo circular & 19 straights)
































D Knitty
Danielle's Knitting Blog
 
Tuesday, March 11, 2003  
Beverage sidebar I discovered this cool site called BevNet.com which is a beverage industry site. They have reviews of tons of drinks that I've never even heard of and most of those I have tried. I found this site while looking up Swiss Deliss Ice [sic] Tea that I bought from my company cafeteria. It sort of reminded me of the iced tea Josh and I loved in Italy- an imported Nestle Nestea and some German drink called Eis Tee. These drinks resembled the American Nestle Nestea except they weren't nas-t. Ha ha. My favorite types of cold beverages are unflavored iced tea, Snapple Iced Tea, half iced tea/half lemonade, unsweetened flavored water, flavored seltzers, ginger ale, grapefruit soda, lemonade (both pink and yellow), lemonade soda, fresh squeezed OJ and fruit spritzers. I will drink the occaisional cola- I prefer Coke (esp. with lemon) or Vanilla Coke- but not too often because I find it too sweet. I prefer bottled or canned to fountain. I prefer no ice because it dilutes the drink. I loathe diet sodas. I can't stand the taste of aspartame- sometimes I think I can taste it in fountain soda. That said, here's a list of some of my favorite unusual beverages. Ting is a grapefruit soda made in Jamaica by Pepsi. I've only seen it a few places- one being a Beef Patty shop on Atlantic Avenue in Park Slope. It's a cool small green glass bottle but beware- the cap requires a bottle opener. I used to like Fresca until I realized I hated Nutrasweet but this is like 10 steps above Fresca. Jarritos makes a good grapefruit soda but it's hard to find. Be careful of ordering it at Mexican restaurants because they might think you're saying "Grape" soda and bring you that. Tre Limone is a lemony ginger ale drink. I like mild citrus beverages- not lemon soda per se but something lemony. This is a perfect drink for me. The ginger taste is strong, but the lemon makes it more mild. I haven't seen it too many places though. Boylan's Lemon Sparkling Seltzer is nothing special but I really like the bottle. Nantucket Nectars NectarFizz is a new sparkling juice drink. I tried this the other day at the cafeteria in two flavors- Pink Grapefruit Fizz and Cranberry Fizz. Both are pretty good and I will definitely buy them again. On the lookout for the Lemonade Flavor. Glaceau Fruit Water has been sort of hard to find lately. I only see the Vitamin Water which I don't really care for. Fruit Water is water that has fruity flavors but no sweetener. I like the Honeydew flavor because although I am allergic to the fruit, I love the taste. I think they must add some kind of citric acid to it which gives it a some tartness which feels like sweetness but adds no sugar. Snapple Kris's Mix-Up Lemonade Iced Tea and Nantucket Nectars Half & Half Iced Tea taste the same to me. But I like both! Honest Tea is a good slightly sweetened iced tea. The Assam and Morroccan Mint flavors are good. I would rank Tazo and Republic of Tea bottled tea on the same level. Calistoga Sparkling Lemonade seems to only be distributed in California. I discovered this beverage of the gods about 6 years ago and have never seen it in NY. If they used plastic bottles, I would ask my mother-in-law to ship it to me. Alas, just glass. Inca Cola is a mysterious drink. I can't decide if it tastes like bubble gum or something else. It's called "the Golden Kola." I think I like it but I'm not sure. The best way to drink it is with rum which I used to do in my college years after my friend Alex got free cases of the stuff after doing a documentary about potato chips, Inca Cola, and his dad's love of Spanish language soap operas ("PapaPapa"). I always order a can when we go for Peruvian chicken. Water If given a choice, I would pick Poland Spring bottled water or Dasani Bottled Water even though Dasani is just tap water with minerals added. Evian tastes like socks. Drinks to try Clearly Canadian Lemonade. Supposed to be a lemon-ginger drink. Made by the same company as Tre Limone so may be the same thing. Any of the Oop! Juices esp. Turkey Slurpy (cranberry), Santa Sauce (plum), Peter Cotton-Ale (raspberry cream) Fizzy Lizzy Ruby Red Grapefruit Spritzer Weird/Strange/Scary DraCola Gay Energy Drink Celo Polka Cola - the only cola created to celebrate polka Pit Bull Energy Drink - this beverage will rip you to shreds Dead Red Cola - another scary drink. Gefilte Fizz - hopefully it doesn't taste like its name Clamato - my dad drinks this stuff. It's like a V-8 except with a shot of clam juice added. Yech. Bong Water - With ridiculous flavors named Cottonmouth Quencher and Chronic Tonic, what can you expect? They say it is "the first soft drink to use FDA approved whole beer concentrate, which is created from by a patented process which removes the water, alcohol, and yeast from beer, but leaves the health benefits. According to Real Things [the maker of the line], the health benefits include it being a cardio-protectant and a source of complex carbohydrates, along with polyphenols and B vitamins." Since when is beer healthy? It's like people who promote hemp products... Here's a place to try to order these sodas from- http://www.sodapopstop.com
3/11/2003 12:20:00 PM



 
This page is powered by Blogger.